Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sansoucci




Sunday, April 5, 2009

OMG, what an eventful day! Not the morning. It was so boring! We hung out with Marcus and used his internet.

Later, Irene and I took the bus to Sansoucci Park, which turned out to be beautiful. It was better than I expected. It is so big, and such a romantic place, with lots of secluded paths.
I took my ipod and my sneakers and we walked around a lot. It vaguely reminded me of the tuileries park in Paris, but much bigger and cooler. I will definitely love to go there in the future and walk around a lot and maybe jog or go with a book and sit under a tree and have a picnic. I want to bring bread so I can feed the ducks. There are so many beautiful palaces too!
And I finally got my phone to work and I was able to call Mathilde in Paris! I was so happy! It’s expensive for me to call her, so she called me once in the afternoon and in the evening. It made me very happy to talk to her. She has a German friend she wants me to meet, named Sebastian.

Bigger news though, another one of my roommates got here!! Diana lives right across from me, and luckily, shes not who I thought she was! Shes not the girl from my school. Shes from UCSB, she’s 25, and shes really nice! I think we’re going to get along really well. She seems cool and fun, and down to earth. She was actually here with her tandem partner, Kristina, who is German. It’s nice to see that all the Germans are so friendly and smiling. German people seem a lot more open than French people.

No comments:

Post a Comment